Delay always breeds danger; and to protract a great design is often to ruin it.
Miguel de Cervantes
What are you putting off? Are you in danger of ruining your great design? All I can say is have the paper and pen ready…bring the laptop…and of course find the momentum here and don’t let that next great project wait. You may have too much at stake.
Miguel de Cervantes was the author of Don Quixote, perhaps the first “modern” novel. Like many of us, Cervantes was a working writer, meaning he had to make a living elsewhere to ensure survival. He was a writer to the end and from some of his famous quotes it is obvious he knew the value of hard work and that what we put into something reflects what we will get out of it.
Here are some quotes of value to the hard working writer from Miguel de Cervantes .
It is one thing to praise discipline,
and another to submit to it.
That which costs little is less valued.
In order to attain the impossible,
one must attempt the absurd.
Every man is the son of his own works.
Sounds like he gave birth to everything he wrote. I imagine his works exemplified the meaning of blood, sweat and tears.
So, feeling a little tired, a little less motivated, sometimes we have to work harder in spite of that and in doing so we can recognize that our work will be of that much more value.
How many irons do you have in the fire? Are you burning your candles at both ends?
- Diligence Diligence is the mother of good fortune, and idleness, its...
- Considering Creativity “For some of us, the highest form of play, as...
- Progress Progress is the sum of small victories won by individual...
- October Edition of Writely Applied Begins Here Good Morning! I know we’ve had a bit of a...
- Think Simple Now Wisdom I can’t think of a perfect way to get myself...